There are two types of innovative resin driveway products, resin bound and resin bonded.
Resin bound and resin bonded both use the same materials, but are applied in different ways which make them have different functions. The finished product gives a more textured surface on bonded resin driveways and a smoother texture on the resin bound driveways. A resin driveway is a cost effective and permeable driveway system.
Resin bound driveway
In resin bound surfacing the aggregate is mixed with the resin. The material is then trowelled down to a smooth finish similar to a screed with no loose stones. Tarmac or concrete is layered first, followed by the resin hand applied and trowelled to a smooth finish.
Resin bonded driveway
Resin bonded surfacing is a scatter system which provides texture and the appearance of loose gravel. A layer of resin applied to a suitable surface and covered with loose aggregate. Once cured the remaining loose stones are removed. Thickness is governed by aggregate size. The first layer is tarmac or concrete, then a primer or sealer surface is added to fill the surface voids. Lastly, a resin bonded, hand scattered aggregate finish is applied.
Benefits of having a resin driveway:
- Resin bound and bonded driveways are both ideal for high traffic areas in both domestic and commercial settings.
- Bonded resin can be applied over an existing tarmac drive at a much cheaper cost than ripping it up and starting all over again. It’s a good looking and inexpensive way of replacing you old tired looking driveway with a beautiful new one.
- They last longer. A resin bound driveway is extremely tough. It is made up of four different layers, where the top one is a sealed ‘aggregate’ material which is slightly flexible. This means that the surface is crack-resistant.
- You don’t have to worry about puddles building up on your driveway because the resin driveway is porous – allows water to soak away.
- The surface is wheelchair friendly because it is a perfectly flat surface which will last. This also makes it suitable for children and the elderly.
- Resin driveways come in a huge range of colours meaning you can pick the surface to go with your home.
- Resin driveways are environmentally friendly because they do not impede the growth of frees and do not act as a barrier to the water cycle.
- They are low maintenance and because of the flat surface, they are easy to clean. Because there are no cracks in the surface the growth of weeds is restricted, meaning less work for you.
A resin driveway is a real luxury. Whether it’s a basic overlay on an existing surface or a full site excavation, we have the knowledge and skills to get the job done.
If you have any queries or would like some expert advice on the best solution for your driveway problem, you can contact us on:
Tel: 01760 755682